Many of the County Links
on the left will keep you specifically in or near Wauseon and Fulton County, Ohio. We add new listings and links on a regular basis so bookmark this page so check back often. Fulton County is named for Robert Fulton, inventor of the steamboat.
Fulton was one of the last counties to be organized in Ohio. It was made up of parts of Lucas, Henry, Defiance and Williams counties, and the State of Michigan. The Michigan state line was moved north about seven miles following the Toledo War, which was a dispute between the two states as to who owned Toledo. It was given to Ohio in 1840. Fulton County is located on the Michigan border in the northwest portion of the state. Interstate Highways 80 and 90, U.S. Route 20, and State Route 2 cross the county east to west, and State Routes 64, 66, 108, and 109 run north to south. The Tiffin River flows through Fulton County.
Wauseon, the county seat, was first settled along the newly laid Michigan Southern Air Railway in 1853, being named after the native chief, Wauseon who once lived in the county, and was forced west to Oklahoma in 1839.
Throughout the Industrial Revolution and into the twentieth century, the community's business and cultural organization prospered. The building of the Ohio Turnpike in the mid twentieth century also allowed Wauseon to transport manufactured and agricultural goods across the country. Besides emigrants from the eastern states, immigrants from Germany and most recently, Texas and Mexico have settled the community and have helped make Wauseon the diverse cultural melting pot it is today.